Bachelor of Science in Textile Technology (1st Class 2nd), University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2004.
Master of Science in Textile and Clothing Engineering, Technical University of Dresden, Germany, 2007.
Doctor of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, 2015.
1. Imperial International Ltd, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 07.09.2002 – 16.09.2002.
2. Beximco Knitting Ltd, Savar, Bangladesh, 25.01.2003 – 24.03.2003.
3. Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung, Dresden,Germany, 01.03.2007– 31.05.2007.
4. Data Color, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1.1.2009 – 30.06.2009.
5. NITTRAD, Gazipur, Bangladesh, 09.09.2009 – 15.09.2009.
Wet Processing of Textile
1. Pretreatment of natural and synthetic fibers.
2. Dyeing of natural and synthetic fibers.
3. Diffusion mechanism of dyeing.
4. Supercritical fluid dyeing.
5. Solvent scouring and dyeing.
6. Dyeing of blended fabrics.
7. Computer color matching system.
8. Printing of textile.
9. Finishing of textile.
11. Water and effluent treatment.
1. Rina Khanum, Nonwoven Filter Media, Bangladesh Textile Journal, July/August, ISSN 1998-2712, p31-33, 2008.
2. Rina Khanum, Surface Properties of Polyester Fabric Modified by Asymmetrically Modified Silica Particles, Bangladesh Textile Journal, May/June, ISSN 1998-2712, p46-48, 2009.
3. Rina Khanum, Latest Developments in Medical Textile Products, Bangladesh Textile Journal, July/August, ISSN 1998-2712, p14-18, 2009.
4. Rina Khanum, Technical Application of Textile (Geotextile), Bangladesh Textile Journal, September/October, ISSN 1998-2712, p34-38, 2009.
5. Rina Khanum, Study of Cotton Fibre, Bangladesh Textile Journal, November/December, ISSN 1998-2712, p34-36, 2009.
6. Rina Khanum, Consequence of Twist on Yarn Properties in Textiles, Journal of Innovation and development strategy, April, ISSN 1997-2571, 2011.
7. A. Synytska, R. Khanum, L. Ionov, C. Cherif and C. Bellmann, Water-Repellent Textile via Decorating Fibers with Amphiphilic Janus Particles, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 3, p1216–1220, 2011.
8. Aravin Prince Periyasamy and Rina Khanum, Effect of Fibrillation on Pilling Tendency of Lyocell Fiber, Bangladesh Textile Today Journal, ISSN 1999-2076, Vol 5, Issue 04, p45-48, 2012.
9. Rina Khanum, Pilling Tendency Minimization of Lyocell Fiber by Defibrillation Methods, Chemical Fibers International, Germany, ISSN 0340-3343, Volume 62, Issue 2, p90-91, 2012.
10. Rina Khanum, Water-repellent finish on polyester with janus particles, Chemical Fibers International, Germany, ISSN 0340-3343, Volume 62, Issue 3, p142-143, 2012.
11. R. Khanum, T. F. M. Chang, T. Sato and M. Sone, Control of Pore Structure in Porous Nickel Films Fabricated by Electroplating with Supercritical CO2 Emulsion, ECS Electrochem. Lett., 2, D43-44, 2013.
12. Aravin Prince Periyasamy, K. Karthikeyan, Bharathi Dhura and M.S Rina Khanum, Non-Formaldehyde Crease resistance finishing of cotton by Poly Maleic Acid, Pakistan Textile Journal, July, p48-51, 2014.
13. R. Khanum, T. F. M. Chang, T. Sato and M. Sone, Porous nickel films plated in supercritical carbon dioxide emulsified electrolyte using a series of fluorinated nonionic surfactants, Surf. Coat. Technol., 259, p325–329, 2014.
14. R. Khanum,W. Takarada, A. Aneja and T. Kikutani, Crystallization of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) Filaments by Infusion of Ethanol upon Cold Drawing, Polymer, 59, p26-34, 2015.
15. R. Khanum, D. W. Go, W. Takarada, A. Aneja and T. Kikutani, Role of Ethanol Concentration on Drawing and Infusion Behavior of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) Filaments upon Cold Drawing, Polymer, 70, p19-29, 2015.
16. R. Khanum, D. W. Go, W. Takarada, A. Aneja and T. Kikutani, Effect of Drawing Speed on Infusion and Drawing Behaviors of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) Filaments upon Cold Drawing in Ethanol, Sen’i Gakkaishi, Vol.71, p273-283, 2015.
List of Conferences
1. Nonwovens research academy, Leeds, UK, 2007.
2. Gender participation in Research work, Bangladesh academy of sciences, Bangladesh, 2009.
3. Challenges of young women scientists in new and emerging sciences, Bangladesh academy of sciences, Dhaka, 2012.
4. R. Khanum, T. F. M. Chang, T. Nagai, T. Sato and M. Sone, Porous Nickel Films Plated in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Emulsified Electrolyte Using a Series of Fluorinated Nonionic Surfactants, TACT International Thin Films Conference, Taiwan, 2013.
5. International Symposium on Fiber Science and Technology, Tokyo, 2014.
6. R. Khanum, W. Takarada, A. Aneja and T. Kikutani, Solvent Induced Infusion Behavior of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) Filaments during Cold Drawing, Asian Workshop on Polymer Processing Annual Conference, Taiwan, 2014.
7. R. Khanum, D. W. Go, W. Takarada, A. Aneja and T. Kikutani, Effect of Ethanol Concentration on Infusion Behavior and Structural Development of Poly(ethylene terephthalate) Filaments on Cold Drawing, Sen’i Gakkaishi, Japan, 2015.
1. Natural and synthetic fiber pretreatment.
2. Natural and synthetic fiber dyeing.
3. Salt free dyeing of textile.
4. Water free dyeing of textile.
5. Textile dyeing with natural dye.
6. Textile surface modification.
7. Dye diffusion in textile.
8. Colorfastness of textile.
9. Fiber structure and property analysis.
10. Dyeing process steps minimization.
1. Merit Scholarship from College of Textile Technology, 1998-2003.
2. Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD) Scholarship, Germany, 2005-2007.
3. EDANA Grant in Leeds University in UK, 2007.
4. Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) Scholarship, Japan, 2012-2015.
5. Poster Award, International Conference in Taiwan, 2013.
1. Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB).
2. Institution of Textile Engineers & Technologists Bangladesh (ITET).
3. The Society of Fiber Science and Technology, Japan.
1. Beximco Textiles Ltd, Executive.
2. R. H. Corporation Dhaka, Lab in Charge.
3. Leibniz-Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden, Germany, Scientific officer.
4. Ahsanullah University of Science and Technology, Lecturer.
5. City University, Senior Lecturer.
6. Daffodil International University, Assistant Professor.