B.Sc in mechanical engineering (BUET), M.S. in industrial operations, Bradley University (USA), Ph.D. in materials science and engineering, University of Texas at El Paso,(USA).
Received training for seven months on Pottery and Porcelain under Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA),Japan,1991.
Received training for two weeks on Production Management under Alumni of Overseas Technical Scholarship(AOTS), Japan, 1998.
Taught solid mechanics, thermodynamics, manufacturing engineering, engineering materials and practices, elements of machine dynamics, engineering economics, business systems engineering, productions operations management, project management.
1. Paper- Dynamic susceptibility studies of the interplay between Néel and Brown magnetic relaxation mechanisms, Cristian E. Botez, Abdul W. Bhuiya, Ronald J. Tackett, published online in Applied Physics A, (2011)104:177-181
2. Paper-Dynamic susceptibility evidence of surface spin freezing in ultra fine NiFe2O4 nanoparticles, Ronald J Tackett, Abdul W Bhuiya and Cristian E Botez, Nanotechnology 20 (2009) 445705 (7pp).
3. Paper- "Temperature dependence of magnetic properties and magnetic interactions in YCo5/Y2Co17 nanocomposite powders, J T Elizalde Galindo, A W Bhuiya, F Rivera Gόmez, J A Matutes Aquino and C E Botez, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 41 (2008) 095008(5pp).
4. Paper- "Japanese Management Philosophy" in AOTS magazine under Bangladesh AOTS Alumni Society (BAAS), 1999
5. Paper- "Optimization of Extrusion Systems in Semi-Die Angle using wax as a modeling material" in the Industrial and Production Engineering Research Bulletin, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh, Volume 2, 1988.
Authored "Whiteware-1", Text Book on manufacturing process of ceramics and tableware for the Institute of Ceramics, Bangladesh,1996
Oxidation of Nb Based Alloys between 7000C and 14000C, Shailendra Varma, Purushotham R. Kakarlapudi, Abdul Bhuiya, and Ken Natesan, 210th Electrochemical Society Meeting, High Temperature Corrosion and Materials Chemistry, Cancun, Mexico, October 30, 2006.
Nanostructured materials such as systems of magnetic nanoparticles applicable to high density magnetic recording and magnetic hyperthermia for cancer treatment. Also high temperature oxidation resistant materials applicable to turbine blades and spacecraft. Optimization of extrusion process and extrusion force using filia(wax) as a modeling materials.
Enjoyed talent pool scholarship in junior scholarship examination, board scholarships in secondary and higher secondary certificate examination, and merit and technical scholarships in undergraduate program in mechanical engineering.
Received crest of Bangladesh AOTS Alumni Society(BAAS), for the best article on "Japanese Production Management".
2nd Place in the 2005 Robert H. Grant Invention Award –MFE 520 (
Design and Analysis of Manufacturing Process), in the Ph.D. course
project at Worcester Ploytechnic Institute (WPI), USA for the redesigned
manufacturing process for polymer containers at Nypro, USA
( The project incorporated axiomatic design principles).
Life member of American Alumni Association (AAA), Bangladesh
Life member of Institute of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB)
Member, Bangladesh AOTS Alumni Society (BAAS), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Worked with Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh as assistant professor (Textile Engineering), 2010-till to date.
Worked with University of Texas at El Paso,USA, as teaching and research assistant, 2006-2009.
Worked with International University of Business, Agriculture & Tech., Bangladesh as part-time faculty (Mechanical Engineering), 2003-2005.
Worked with Bangladesh Institute of Technology(BIT), now Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology(CUET) as assistant professor (mechanical engineering), 1988.
Worked with Bangladesh Chemical Industries corporation(BCIC) as deputy chief engineer,1988.
Worked with Monno Ceramic Industries Ltd. in various capacities as technical advisor, director (research & development) and general manager(operations),1989-2003.
Worked with Bradley University , USA, as teaching assistant,1986-1987.
Worked with Sirte Power and Desalination Plant, Libya as mechanical engineer,1978-1985.
Worked with Bangladesh Agricultural Research institute(BARI) as assistant engineer(Mechanical),1976-1978
Worked with Bangladesh Machine Tools factory as assistant engineer (Mechanical),1974-1975.